Habitat accepts submissions in Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, and Poetry. We encourage submitters to read the work of our editors, past issues, and our blog, Stomping Ground, to get a sense of what we publish. To submit, we ask that you follow these general guidelines:
1. Our reading period is currently closed.
2. Please submit in one genre per reading period. With the mission of publishing as many voices as possible, we ask that if you are a previous contributor that you wait at least one issue before submitting again.
3. We do not accept previously published work. We encourage simultaneous submissions, but please inform us immediately if your work has been accepted elsewhere.
4. We ask that every submission include a cover letter containing the title of your piece(s) and a brief biographical note. Please include your name and contact info on the first page of your submission.
5. We will do our best to respond to your submission promptly. We ask that you please do not inquire about your submission until 4 months have passed.
6. Habitat Magazine retains First North American Publishing Rights.
7. Unfortunately, we cannot pay contributors at this time, but we are working on it.
8. There is no submission fee.